We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Although during the summer children's appetite is unquestionably diminished, there are also opportunities to eat foods that are not available during the rest of the year, and you have to take advantage of it!
We tell you what the summer star foods for kidsThey are foods rich in nutrients that we should take advantage of in the hottest months because they are seasonal foods.
- The Peach, for example, it is a fleshy and very complete fruit, easily digested and with a high fiber content, which helps fight constipation. It is not a fruit excessively rich in water, as other summer fruits can be, but it is rich in potassium and carotenoids, which in the body will be transformed into vitamin A, but in a format easier to eliminate when consumed in excess . However, it is a highly allergenic fruit, so it must be introduced carefully and respecting the days between meals when introducing complementary feeding.
- Watermelon and melon are some of the star foods of the summer for children. They are very refreshing and hydrating fruits, thanks to their high water content, so they are another way to hydrate our little ones in the summer season. Given their water content, they are also very light fruits with few calories.
- Strawberries, Although depending on the place, they can appear in the spring, in some countries they are traditional in summer. They are fruits rich in vitamin C, crucial for children's growth and development, and very hydrating. In addition, they contain phytonutrients that increase natural protection against the sun's rays, perfect for this summer time.
- Tomato It is the king of summer food, it is a fruit - or some would say a vegetable - rich in vitamins (A, C, E, K, and most of group B), minerals (potassium and manganese) and water. Tomato can be introduced into the baby's diet from 6 months, since it is very easy to digest and nutritionally very complete.
- One of the most popular vegetables during the summer is the zucchini. Although it can be found all year round, the summer season is when zucchini grow naturally. With a mild flavor and very rich in water, zucchini is usually well accepted by the little ones. In addition, it provides vitamins A, and C, and some of group B and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium.
- Although in summer you can usually buy many fish, hake and bonitoFor example, they are production fish in spring / summer. Both fish are rich in proteins of high biological value, in addition to B vitamins, the bonito being especially rich in vitamin B12. They also contain potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Hake is a very mild tasting white fish that children tend to like. Bonito, on the other hand, is a blue fish, which, although it is rarely consumed fresh, is widely consumed in its canned version. Given its fat content, the bonito is also rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins A and D. In addition, it is particularly rich in iodine, very important since it is usually deficient in children's diet.
You can read more articles similar to The star foods of summer for children, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.